JavaFX Introduction tutorial
What is JavaFX ?
JavaFX is a language for creating and deploy rich client graphical user interface(GUI) applications. JavaFX is a next generation graphical user interface toolkit. It is intended to replace java Swing as the standard GUI library for Java SE.IT enables developers to design, create, test, debug, and deploy rich client applications. JavaFX has included a feature of customized style using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) style and another thing is that it include XML language so it makes easy to build or develop an application.
IN JavaFX, there is a drag and drop designer available which is known as scene builder. By this, it makes our work very easy to design an application. So we have to just drag and drop then customize CSS and you can also add functionality.
The appearance of JavaFX applications can be customized by CSS and it separates look and style from implementation so that developers can concentrate on internal Development (functionality), not on the look and feels. If you prefer to design UIs without writing code, then use JavaFX Scene Builder (as describe above). As you design the UI, Scene Builder creates FXML markup that can be used to add the business logic.
FEATURES OF JAVAFX :
- It is easy to learn because it is very similar to Java swing and reason is we can develop and design using scan builder.
- A new language is added to JavaFX called FXML, which like HTML or XML (so it doesn’t mean that it is an alternative to HTML but it’s an alternative to Java Swing) is used only to define the interface of an application, So that it completely separate from the logic of the code
- The library of JavaFX is created using Java native code or Java API.
- It supports both 2d and 3d design and also animation. So it’s also a great feature of JavaFX in graphics.
- It Supports new and great powerful way of designing using CSS.
- It also supports many extra features like date-picker, accordion pane, tabbed pane and pie-chart etc.
- Another feature is that existing application of swing can be updated by the new JavaFX application.
- JavaFX provides support for multi-touch operations.
- It also supports Webview which is a web component we can embeded web pages in javafx application.
- JavaFX is also platform independent so that it can run any platform using the JVM.